Thursday, April 7, 2011

Talking about my Generation....

 I can remember the 1990s as if it were yesterday, who cares if I was 3 at the beginning of the decade? I spent a good part of my childhood in the 90s!  Here is the blog we promised you, the best toys of our generation. I would make a list of the top ten but there are so many (and a 10 year span) that I'm simply going to list all of the toys that Jessica & I loved from 1990-2000.

  • Polly Pocket (the kind that actually fit into your pocket)
  • Beanie Babies
  • Tomagotchi (or Gigapets)
  • Game boy color
  • Barbie Fashion Designer (CD-ROM game)
  • Moon Shoes
  • Quints
  • Krystal Princess Dolls
  • Furby
  • Pogs
  • Easy Bake Oven
  • Popples
  • Stretch Armstrong
  • Talkboy/ Talkgirl 
  • Grape Escape
  • Dr Dreadful (food factory)
  • Treasure Trolls
  • Dream Phone
  • Puzz-3D
  • My Little Pony (they were way cuter in the 90's)
  • Disney Classic Barbies
  • Laser pointers
  • Power Rangers
  • Floam
  • GAK
  • Pokemon
  • Hot Wheels
  • Jenga
  • Mr. Potato Head
  • Super Nintendo
  • Creepy Crawlers
  • Pocket Locker
  • Pretty Pretty Princess
  • Slap Bracelets
  • Razor Scooters
  • Koosh Balls
  • Jurassic Park toys
  • Where's Waldo
  • Tickle Me Elmo
  • Pound Puppies
  • Cupcake Dolls
  • Teddy Ruxpin 

These were some of the HOTTEST toys that we had to have! If you were a child (or parent) of the 90s, can you think of any other toys that were off the charts and you (or your kids) would die if they didn't own? I'm certain there are tons of toys that didn't make the list, either we just didn't remember them or we weren't fans.  Either way subscribe and comment with your own list!

2 comments:

  1. aren't you still owed moon shoes?

    and i dont think littlest petshop and melanie's mall are on your list, but they were right there next to polly pockets with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just curious, what is melanies mall. I didnt put littlest petshop on the list, because they have been around forever but i thought their image had changed quite a bit. I did have a little dog though with a dog and kitties from them that I loved haha.

    And Yes I bring up the moon shoes at least 3 times a year hahah! The story is that my mother gave me an IOU for Christmas, in a shoebox for Moonshoes, but never actually got me the moon shoes.

    ReplyDelete