Saturday, March 5, 2011

Why do you love lists?

Lists are everywhere you look! NPR even made a list as to why lists are so popular, I'll include an excerpt at the end of the post. I know , I know why didn't we make our own list? Well don't worry there will be plenty of time for that later. But for now let us introduce ourselves.

The Talent

"Angry Jess"

I'm loud and opinionated. I'm humorous and opinionated. I'm nice but kind of a bitch....and opinionated. I say whatever is on my mind and yes, it comes back to haunt me at times. I heart Emily. My favorite color is orange and my favorite singer is Frank Sinatra. Basically, I'm me. So take it or leave it. k? Thanks.

"Emilolz"

I'm kindaaa a big deal. I hate writing about myself, so lets make this brief. I like skiing, bubble gum and chapstick. My favorite color is green and I love my cat, Gambit. I'm going to be marrying Chewbaca later this year. "And thats all I have to say about that."--Forrest Gump



(Emily on the left and Jessica on the right)

Below we have the list by NPR but feel free to leave a comment with your own reasons why you enjoy lists!

Why do we love lists--according to NPR

1. Lists bring order to chaos.

2. Lists help us remember things — at the hardware store, for the vacation trip, Christmas presents. The things you have done and the things you need to do.

3. Most lists are finite. They don't usually go on and on. And if they do, you can skip to the bottom of the list.

4. Lists can be meaningful.

5. Lists can be as long or as short as necessary.

6. Making lists can help make you famous.

7. The word "list" can be tracked back to William Shakespeare, according to the Oxford English Dictionary. In Hamlet, the Bard refers to "a list of landlesse resolutes."

8. Lists relieve stress and focus the mind.

9. Lists can force people to say revealing things.

10. Lists can keep us from procrastinating. We put this one off until the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment